2000 Camaro - Rear view mirror came off

Anyone reinstall one? I've done it before, but I was able to get the bracket off on my other car. This one seems like it has a spring clip or something. I tried to prop it up there and tape it while it dried, but that
just made a big mess. I need to get the bracket off of the mirror. Any hints?

'locating lug' that glues to windshield, and that the mirror fits over and tightens against with a set screw? or an exterior mirror? s

It's the interior mirror, but there's no screw on it. It looks like some kind of flat clip, but I haven't been able to pry it off with a screwdriver. Plus I'm afraid it will be too hard to snap back into place and might break the windshield.
I know the set screw thing you're talking about, my other cars have had this, my Camaro doesn't.

No ideas? Damn, guys, I was hoping you could help me out here. I've been driving without the mirror for a couple of weeks.
Have you tried a stanley knife blade.
--
Find out more at:
http://www.wombatppc.dsl.pipex.com

No not to slit your wrist!! To remove the part from the screen, which will then allow you to mess about with both bits, Maybe even puting the socket in boiling water to make the plastic more flexable. You cant apply much heat or force to it on the screen. So just pop the bit from off the screen. Well that what Id personaly do mate.
--
Find out more at:
http://www.wombatppc.dsl.pipex.com

If it were still on the screen (I'm thinking you mean windshield) I'd be ok, but the whole assembly is sitting in my passenger seat. Nothing on it seems to be plastic but the mirror. I haven't been able to find a damn thing about it on the web.
So if nothing is on the screen, whats the problem. Just stick it back on.
--
Find out more at:
http://www.wombatppc.dsl.pipex.com

The mirror is too heavy to brace or tape while the adhesive dries. There's a metal piece that comes out that you glue down separately then, when the glue is dry, you somehow snap the mirror on. I can't figure out how to get the piece out.
Sounds to me like its a "Snap in" type fixing. You may be able to slide a very thin peace of plastic or metal inbetween the two halves. That might push the snap in part up out of the way allowing the two halves to be seperated.
On my mirror on the Trans-am its got a small grub screw. My mirror also broke off. But I just held it in place for a few minutes to allow the superglue to go off. It was the the balljoints that were to stiff which caused it to break the seal in the first place. So id make sure that the balljoints are free before you stick it back on otherwise it will break off again.