electric rear view mirror

2004 Chevy Silverado, work package. No options.

My rear view mirror has wires going up into the trim above the windshield. Any idea what its for. There's no buttons on the mirror. just the flipper for night. . But the mirror case is thick. An inch and a half. like something could be in it.

Diesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

Does it Auto Dim at night?

Reply to
bilb2765

Automatic dim for night would be a good guess.

Reply to
A. Baum

Alright, thanks. Something else to not worry about then.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Easily verified bro. No manual lever underneath.

Reply to
A. Baum

idea what

the mirror

Most vehicles are wired for all of the bells and whistles. Your vehicle does not have all of that. Underneath the hood of my truck resides a lonely connector that I want to find a home for. Someday I might figure out what it is for, but, until then, I'll just wonder. :)

Reply to
Nightcrawler