3.8 to LT1

Hey
I recently bought my father-in-laws 2001 Firebird with a 3.8 in it. I have a friend that recently was t-boned in his trans-am and his dad bought him a new one. He asked me to buy his LT1 from his wrecked car,
with the automatic tranny, CPU, wiring harness all the good stuff. Since hes a close buddy he said $375. Worth it or not?
RWA4LIFE wrote:

You would need to replace more than the wiring harness, tranny, and engine...iirc. Are the crossmembers for the tranny and engine different between the V6 and V8?
                n0i

Yes, it is worth it--if mileage is good. If planning to convert yours, get the entire donor car, else it may $25 and $50 you to death. Plus, its fuel mileage--like I'state driving--will approach the 3.8's. But, why do it? You can't use it! I'd as soon spend the $ on adding a supercharger from the likes of a 3.8 Buick Ultra. That said, if miles are good, I'd love to buy it myself, not even knowing what I would install it in! You close to SC? Sam
That's a Helluva deal. But it is a big project. You do know the engine and trans come out the bottom of these cars?

In a word? YES!!