454 oil pressure tap in points....

Guys, are there any other points my oil pressure sender can tap into rather than the one just above the oil filter? The reason I ask is that I've
just fitted a set of Dynomax headers from Summit and the only problem is the sender won't refit either before or after bolting up the header. By the look of it the previous owner has put a small extension onto the sender to clear the headers that the car previously had. So if there is another tap in point that is currently blanked off that you guys know about please? Or a top idea that my newb head has not thought of? For info only the car is a 1970 Camaro with a 454 LS6 fitted. Thank you for your time.
Steve de Sainte Croix.
England.
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:30:10 +0100, "News"

The 454 in my Suburban (motor came out of a 1975) has a port by Cylinder #1, on the upper side of the block, close to the front edge of the block, This is the left hand side, left being relative to the direction of the car, ie "driver's side" (for US cars!).
This is a better place for the gauge anyhow, as it is a lot farther from the pump than the oil filter and pressure loss will show up earlier there.
--Ken
http://home.comcast.net/~ken.r.dye