Cooling fans with check engine light - 95 Z28

My 95 Z28 has an after winter storage problem:
When the car cold starts, the radiator cooling fans come on within a few moments. Within a few seconds, the check engine light comes on. Once in a
while the fans will shut off for a minute or less and the check engine light goes out but when the cooling fans start up again, so does the check engine light.
The engine isn't hot at any time. The temp gauge is right where it's supposed to be. Could this be an engine temp sensor sending the wrong information to the computer and where exactly is the ETC sensor on my LT1 engine?
I haven't started my on the road insurance for the car yet. When I do, I'll have it scanned at AutoZone but I'm hoping someone here can tell me something that might help me to fix it now.
Advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Never mind. I see this has already been discussed. I'm sorry for the unecessary bandwidth, I didn't investigate before asking.