Rough idle when warm

Threaded View
My friend's 92 Camaro has a problem with rough idle only when warm.
His mechanic disconnected the wire going to the charcoal canister and
now it runs OK. Any idea what the CORRECT FIX is, rather then
disconnecting that wire?

Re: Rough idle when warm

There's a wire going to the charcoal canister? What would that be for?

For the idle issue, has he checked for vacuum leaks?

--

Re: Rough idle when warm
I have no idea what the wire is for other than a sensor or solenoid. I

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:56:38 -0500, "SBlackfoot"

Re: Rough idle when warm

    Does the car have Federal or California Emmissions package? What is the
engine vin code?
Charles

Re: Rough idle when warm
Charles the car is in NY and has Federal emissions, I'll have to call
my friend to get the VIN. Thanks

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:55:38 GMT, Charles Bendig

Re: Rough idle when warm
  Just a thought.  Maybe he's talking about a wire to a solenoid that
opens/closes vacuum to the canister for emissions.  Is it possible that he's
got a leaky hose or something to that effect?  Could be the problem is a
vacuum leak (as someone else mentioned) caused by leaky emission hosing.
Removing the wire could be taking the that emission system out of play.
Good luck.
  Drink

Site Timeline