2006 ford explorer transmission

Does anybody know how to replace transmission fluid without going to the dealer? My home mechanic decided to change the tranny fluid without reading manual and now he can?t find where to refill it. :cry:

Reply to
prpltrose

For those transmissions you have to pump the fluid up into the transmission through the small stand tube in the center of the main drain plug. You need a special adapter and a fluid pump. Ford did this to keep yahoos from over-filling automatics, or from using the wrong fluid. I would suspect the local AutoZone (or equivalent) will have the adapter you need. Be damn sure you use the correct fluid....

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White