94 ford explorer drivers door handle, not working!

Went out this mornning to get into my "exploder", and the drivers side door isn't working - won't open from inside or out.

My husband is going to hit the roof, as we are in bad financial straights right now.

Anyone experience this?? I wonder if it can be fixed easily, and if hubby could do himself. Since the door wont open, I can't see him trying to do it from the inside.

Any advice?

thanks

Suzanne

Reply to
avocadomom

You can get it open with a lot of fiddling with a slim jim. Then take off the panel and you'll be able to see what the problem is. On mine it was the outer latch mechanism, I think a new one cost me about $35. Not hard to replace but not real easy either, small hands would help. Maybe you can get parts from a junkyard, if you do, take the passenger door parts, likely way less worn than the drivers side.

Reply to
Bob