97 Camry Drivers Door Handle

The drivers door was froze shut this morning, in the process of pulling on it, the handle snapped off, anyone know how to remove this? Do ya have to pull the inside door panel off or does that ring around the handle come off?

Reply to
Harry Mailahn

Your going to have to remove the panel, and look for the bolts holding the latch etc..... The lock cylinder will stay in place. Wish my door problem was that easy. I have a door that wont open inside or out, and getting to the panel without damaging it will be bothersome.

Reply to
Bartramo25

Perhaps I'm over cautious, but I don't use that outer door flap to open the door - just lift on it to unlatch the mechanism, then open the door by pulling on the edge of the door itself - no worries of breakage there!

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
Zaner

If you don't have a Haynes manual, the free guide on Autozone on earlier Camrys can serve as a guide. Yes, pull the inside panel and remove the bolts that hold the external door latch.

johngdole

Harry Mailahn

those broken plastic parts might be hard to get...you could try another form of attachment: weld, wire, epoxy, tape. There shouldn't be too much stress on them when operating the mechanism. Will have to remove the door panel and investigate.

Reply to
camry-keeper

This happened to me and expoxy worked for a while, treating it gingerly. Finally broke down and bought the repl part. 30 min later was fixed.

Reply to
camry-keeper