Battery for 1996 XLT

My battery has finally died a death and needs replacing. Having brought the USA bought XLT to the UK I cannot get an original battery as designed for this 4.6L XLT 2WD Model. However, I can get the battery for the UK edition 4.0L equivalent. Is there likely to a problem using this? Not being a techy I assume as long as it's the right number of volts and can be made to fit the gap then it should be OK. Any thoughts? Thanks Mike

Mike Etherington

Your assumptions are correct. SF

Reply to
sf/gf

Thanks - it worked! Well actually it was an inch too tall but a similar one fitted and seems fine so problem solved. Cheers Mike

Mike Etherington