Battery died

Just for the record:

My OEM Panasonic AGM battery lasted 5 years. So did the Westco replacement.

Reply to
Frank Berger

That's pretty good. Did they ever come up dead from lights left on etc?

Reply to
Chas Hurst

"Did they ever come up dead from lights left on etc? " There is a chance that they will if you have a battery charger that can charge between 1 the and 2amp rates. You may find that the battery amp/hour capacity is reduced.

Reply to
Chuck

No. Every battery death seems different, doesn't it? Sometimes they just go completely dead with no warning. This time it started cranking a little slower a couple of weeks ago. Then the other night, after stalling (I still do that once in a while), it barely re-started. The next morning it started right up. But while driving on the freeway I noticed weird things like the speedo needle jiggling, the temp gauge bounced around all over the place. I thought I had driven into the Bermuda Triangle. I was concerned it was the alternator (actually, I still am), but everything seems normal so far with the new battery.

Reply to
Frank Berger

Hey Frank, If it is your alternator and you are considering a used one, I still have the one from my 1996 model with 75,000 miles. It was working perfectly when the car went down and shipping from Austin to Dallas would be cheap.

Just a thought, I'll probably put it on Ebay eventually but I would make you a good deal if you could use it.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Have you cleaned and/or checked for tightness all the relevent connections?

Reply to
Chas Hurst

There was some corrosion on one of the battery posts, but everything was tight. I cleaned it up a bit and the new battery is working fine. I think the old one just died.

Reply to
Frank Berger