odometer stopped working

Howdy,

I have a 95 Explorer XLT. I was driving today, reset the trip odometer back to 0, it got to 41 miles and stopped. I then watched the normal odometer, and it's also stuck. After I noticed, I tapped the console right over the Odometer / Trip Odometer, they started moving for about 4 tenths of a mile, but then stopped again.

So, has anyone seen this happen, and if so, is it something that I can fix by popping off the dashboard and replacing a part or just spraying in some silicon lubricant or something?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
flakrat

"flakrat" wrote

I was driving today, reset the trip odometer back

It has happened to me a few times on my '97 Ford Escort. I have never figured out what to do to restart it, but it does restart after some miles, and then, a month or more later, stops again. Repeat. Repeat. The speedometer has always continued to work, and since the odometer is not that important to me I have not worried about it being stuck. My driving is pretty standard, and I know I get about 300 miles per tank of gas, so I can estimate mileage, for servicing concerns, that way.

Reply to
CWLee