Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford ... not particularly helpful
I have a Mk4 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.3 [GB] (HCS EFI 60PS) that I am trying to find emissions info on so I can register it in Germany. I have tried Ford UK who have been unhelpful in the extreme. Usually...

Painting My Rear Bumper
So I need to fix a rear bumper that was "flexed" during a backing up. Seems the re-painting job is about $600 at a body shop. My friend told me this is a do-it-yourselfer most likely. I have the...
6
6

Ford FE 390 intake Manifold Oil Baffle
Hello, I have a 1970 Ford County Sedan with an FE 390 2V. There is a baffle underneath the intake manifold which is attached by what appears to be rivets. I can tell there is quite a bit of gunk in...
12
12

Higher Oil Viscosity?
I have been using 5-30, Mobil 1 synthetic since day one in my 2002 F250. I now have 120K miles on it and should I be thinking of a higher viscosity oil range with the higher mileage? I have no...
24
24

door/dome light switch
hello , i'm wondering if someone could tell me WHERE the door/domelight/door ajar switches are ? thanks , dick 2004 ford ranger pickup
2
2

Tires for a Contour
I need to replace my Goodyear Eagle GT's. Costco has BFGoodrich Traction T/A's at about $84 a tire. Does anyone have recommendations for this? The car is a 97 contour with 15" tires. Jeff
3
3

57 Fairlane with Ford wire wheels
I just bought a 1957 Fairlane that has Ford wire wheels on it. I'm not sure if they are period original or a reproduction, but I'd guess reproduction because they are so nice. While checking the tire...
9
9

93 Taurus Wagon battery drain problem
Hi, 93 Taurus Wagon, 140k miles Battery goes flat when left for 48 hours When I put an ammeter in series with the battery current drain is 1.2 amp with ignition off and doors closed Battery is new...
14
14

If $4/gallon gas is bad, just wait
"Judging from the futures markets, shock at the gas pump is bound to get worse. Maybe much worse. "Since the beginning of the year, benchmark oil and gasoline futures on the New York Mercantile...
31
31

when driving i here a humming noise any ideas any one
when driving i here a humming noise any ideas any one
5
5

91 crown vic/grand marquis AC question
does anyone know the charge weight for the 91 CV/GM?? my neighbor just bought one and the A/C don't work. i am going to pull a vacuum to check for leaks, but don't have any books new enough to tell me...
7
7

Countour zetec. timing belt
Helping a friend with a 99 contour with a 4 banger zetec. The timing belt is broke. Do these engines tend to just bend the valves or do they take the pistons out too? ANy tips or what to look out for?...
2
2

Escort transmission not shifting when warm
Hello...I received a 1996 Ford Escort LX in which the fella replaced the transaxle improperly. I was told that he left the jack down really fast and something apparently wasn't properly installed and...
2
2

'94 TBird 4.6 : hi-pitched whine
'94 TBird LX V8, 67k mi. When I start it in the morning, I hear a very hi-pitched whine/squeal from area of motor while car is parked. Been going on for quite some time. I've replaced the...
1
1

Mustang Starting Problems
I've been having some issues with my electrical system lately in my car. My stereo decides to turn off at will. If i disconnect and reconnect my battery, the radio works fine for a bit, then shuts off...
3
3