door/dome light switch

hello , i'm wondering if someone could tell me WHERE the door/domelight/door ajar switches are ? thanks , dick

2004 ford ranger pickup
Reply to
D.

In the rear edge of the door next to the latch. You have to take the door skins off to get to it.

If you have a problem with the light staying on (my 1995 Ranger did) you can probably spray some contact cleaner or WD-40 into the latch area and open/close the door several times. You might find a small hole near the latch that you can get the plastic tube on a spray can into it. I haven't had a problem with my Ranger for many years after doing this.

Reply to
I. Care