1979 Ford Ltd. -> How do you change the windshield wipers??

I have a 1979 Ford Ltd., and it badly needs windshield wipers (which I have) but I don't sure how to change them? I've done a quick check on google, but i didn't find anything... any help or suggestions where to find out??

TIA

lilmissgiggles

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

neighbor, co-worker is your best bet.

Here's autozone's encyclopedia:

It's hard enough to explain it when it's right in front of you. :)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic
1979 Ford Ltd., badly needs windshield wipers (which I have) but I'm not sure how to change them... any suggestions ?? __________________________________________________

Ask a friend. There are several different wiper attachment methods, all of them simple after someone shows you.

Next time you buy wipers, tell the clerk you don't know how to install them. Quite often the clerk will take the wipers out and install them for you, happy to demonstrate skill and to promote customer satisfaction.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Thanks for the link, i'll check it out!!

lilmissgiggles

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

The clerk spent half an hour trying to figure out what wipers to get, so I wasn't even going to think about asking for help to install them.

The car is older than myself and all my friends, so they're not much of a help. I've changed windshield wipers before (this is actually my bf's car), but on this car they're difficult to get to.

Thanks for your help though!!

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

"lilmissgiggles" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

turn on the key run wipers up the windshield then shut off key. easy to work on now. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff