1989 crown vic will not start

I have 1989 Crown vic v8 5.0. can not get the damn thing to start. I have changed out the coil,distributor,and the ignition module. I have also checked to see if my fuel pump is working and that the fuel cut
off is not been tripped. I am at a loss as to what could be the problem. INFO. it use to run just fine then all of a sudden it just died on me. Can somebody point me in the right direction. Hell I would be happy just to know what area to trouble shoot next.
With this sort of "troubleshooting" it shouldn't be long before you are broke..... Thus far, I cant see where you have verified spark or fuel pressure. These are the very first steps when diagnosing a no start. We look like idiots if we replace all manner of ignition parts without knowing if we have spark or not.... fuel delivery needs to be checked with a gauge to be sure...

And yet people would rather piss away hundreds of dollars replacing perfectly good parts rather than paying someone who knows what they are doing to repair a problem. I don't understand the logic involved....

Maybe it's like asking for directions
:-)
Directions???? We doan need no steenking directions... we know we are lost... there's no sense in admitting it....

hint fuel spark compression
h u r c
grant1963 wrote:

Pull the engine codes as a first step. BTW, even if you can hear the fuel pump, check the fuel pressure. It s/b 35~40 psi at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail (near alternator).