1998 Ford Taurus - intermittent electrical problems

Symptoms:
* Lights flicker * Studders * Car sometimes just dies * Battery light comes on
Alternator and battery both checked out fine. Ignition module going
bad? If so, would it leave a code to check? Any other ideas?

"dan" wrote in message

Since you are sure it isn't your alternator or battery it could be the belt (too loose or otherwise worn/damaged). I can't remember the exact name but there is a gage control/sensor near the alternator that can go bad and cause the symptoms you described.
crazy-repairs
crazy-repairs wrote:

I checked the belt and then took it to a shop. Nothing was stored in the computer, but they felt like it might be in the secondary ignition system (spark plugs, wires, etc.). I picked up new plugs and wires today. I'll see if this helps.

<dan> wrote in message

Check for a bad connection to the battery. Clean the cables, check the power and ground wires from battery to engine, alt to battery, ground straps from engine to frame ect. Wiggle wires with it running to see if you can duplicate. Plug wires are not going to make the battery light come on when the engine is running.