1999 Mercury Cougar

My 1999 Mercury Cougar is a V6. It will not start at times. I have sent it to the Ford Dealership where it initially was bought and there have hooked it up to machines that tell them nothing is wrong with my car. It has only 66,000 miles on it. The whole time I am trying to get it to crank it sounds like metal on metal. Finally it will crank. Also, due to this when I am riding down the road and the automatic transmission changes gears it changes rough. It feels like I am riding over a speed bump. It's a vibrating feeling. But it stops. The Dealerships around here have told me that to fix what they think is wrong with it will cost around $1100. I don't have the money for them to be speculating. What do you think?

Reply to
JENNJONES