I am baffled.

1988 thunderbird 2 door coupe, It starts on starting fluid, rus all day but will not start the next morning or if it sits for a few hours. I have checked spark & fuel( do not know the pressure) I did change the fuel filter. any ideas?
Reply to
cliffjalien

I've seen the TFI module cause this on rare occasions. If the module doesn't send the PIP(?) signal to the pcm while cranking, you get no injector pulse.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

You need to find out what the fuel pressure is before you go any further.... Pushing the schrader valve and watching it squirt just isn't quite as accurate as it needs to be...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Bob

what did the spark look like? was it nice thick and blue or kinda thin and yellow? how did you check it? how far will it jump? do you have the means to check for injector pulse and fuel pressure when it screws up?

Reply to
ShoeSaleman