1999 taurus heater blower

my heater blower worked intermittently for about 2 weeks and now died. What are some common causes, I friend told me to try the resistor block and fusible links. I found the resistor block, but no luck finding the
link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Intermmittent to fail is usually a bad connection in the res block. Also do a key-on tug test on all heater wiring, see if it starts.
With the key off, remove the resistor block, reattach the connector with the block lying on something non-metallic, non flammable.
While heater blower SHOULD be running, with a pair of long-nose pliers short across each component leg, esp the one that looks like a small condenser.. it is the hi-temp cutout.
If you cant make it run that way, it's probably in the switch, motor or fuse.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

A very common occurance on these cars is that the motor starts to draw a bit too much current and, over time, the connections at the motor or resistor overheat and lose their tension.
Ok i couldn't get a resisitor block over the weekend so after testing the blower on a bench (it worked) I replaced the relay under the hood. The blower worked for about 1 hour and is done again. I would say the resistor block is bad and blowing out the relay, or am I assuming too much? Also the blower seemed to get slower before dying out.