1999 Taurus Transmission Problem (First to Second Gear Shifting)

All,
I wanted to know if there is anything I can do about my 1999 Taurus shifting from 1st to 2nd gear erratically after it warms up or is driven for more then 15 miles? Is there anything Ford has out there
to help me as far as warranty, recall, or tech bulletins? I've replaced the transmission fluid at 45,000 and again at 89,000 miles. This started happening around 88,000 miles. No codes in the ECM. Dealer says transmission should be completely rebuilt; I disagree since I don't want to shell out $2100 for it. I know this is a common problem with older model Taurus's. HELP!
Thanks,
Disgruntled Ford Taurus Owner.
I have a 99 also and am having the same problem....if you find a solution please post it so I can get mine running right again too!!