2002 TAURUS**Help**

The past couple of weeks my car has been doing this hiccup thing when I am sitting still or moving slowly in traffic. It also has affected my "get up
and go". When I am running at full speed it is fine. Yesterday they check engine light came on when I left work and hasn't gone off yet. Any ideas what this could be? Help.
talkaboutautos.com:

The first thing you have to do is find a parts store that reads out the engine computer codes, free. Then come back and post the code(s) themselves.. not what the clerk thinks they mean and not what you think they mean. Dont let them sell you ANYTHING to fix it.
It may be that you have a minor vacuum leak or a dirty Mass Air Fuel sensor.. or an EGR system problem or an ignition system problem...
There are too many possibilities to go into without those codes.
That said, do you consider yourself competent to fix the problem, once it's narrowed down? Have you done your own maintenance in the past?
Other things we need to know:
Does it start normally; once started, does it run normally until you start driving it?
What engine is it?.. would help but is probably not material in this case.
ANY other unusual symptoms...
No I cannot fix it myself, I am not a technical or mechanical person. What kinds of stores can download the codes for me? Like Pep Boys or something like that?

autozone, for one... call and check Pep Boyz.
But if you are 'car-ignorant' -not that there's anything wrong with that-, then all you're going to get here is advice that will let you talk to the inevitable technician with some credibility.