2003 Tbird radio problem

I just took delivery of a red 2003 Tbird last Saturday afternoon. I am very pleased with it so far except for the radio. More specifically, the AM band is unusable! It is extremely noisy almost all the time and sounds much like there is a nearly constant static discharge. I took it to the nearest Ford dealership and they told me that "this is just the way it is because it has an in glass antenna!" I pointed out that I own a Chrysler Concord Limited which also has an in glass antenna and it has one of the best radios that I have ever had in a car. His comment was "well that is an entirely different matter!" He also told me I could buy an add on antenna amplifier. This is not acceptable in a $40,000 car. Are all Tbird radios this bad on AM or is there a noise filter or ground connection loose?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Return it 3-4 times for the same unfixable problem and THEN Invoke the LEMON LAW,, Get 100% of your $$$$$$ back. Car companies are putting out shit for audio systems and charging 1,000's for it,, demand better.

Reply to
Im Right

Is it noisy with the engine off? Have you tried the radio in another similar car? Was it bad?

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

I don't know what the solution is to your issue.

I do know that I tossed the base factory radio in my 95 T-Bird because it was crap. Also replaced all the speakers

I do know that the radio in my father in laws 98 Explorer Limited sounds good on FM or using tape or CD but AM is horrible and the CD changer has fits when using CD-Rs. The display also cooked on it at an early age and it had to be repaired under extended warranty.

My Mom's Lincoln radio had good audio and decent reception on AM and FM but fell apart like most Lincoln gadgets. $140 rebuild at a local authorized electronics shop.

Reply to
Steve Stone