2008 Explorer key FOB does not work

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer. When I left for work this morning, the key FOB unlocked the door. An hour later, the key FOB would not lock or unlock the door, or set the alarm.
I replaced the battery in the FOB, still does not work. Tried the off- on 8 times in 10 seconds programming thing, the door locks activated and I pushed one of the FOB buttons to program the FOB, nothing. Checked the battery to see if I installed the battery correctly, the battery is installed correctly. Still, the FOB does not work.
Any ideas?
Thanx in advance.
Frank

Do you have a second fob, and does it work? Was the battery you put in this one an old battery, or a new one? Even if it's a new battery, it could be dead- seems like a lot of those coin cells sit around for a long time. I might try this battery in something else to make sure it's good, or just go ahead and buy a new one. Also check fuse location 6 (Liftglass release motor, Door unlock/lock) and fuse 8 (Ignition switch power, PATS, Cluster). If you need a manual, you can get one here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp -- SC Tom
On 2/23/11 8:35 PM, Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

Take it to the dealer?

Looks like the FOB died. I replaced the battery with a known good one and the FOB cannot be programed. Vehicle is under warranty and I have to go to the dealer on Monday for my last free oil change. Will see if they can swap my bad one for a good one. If not, I can get one locally for $25.00.
Thanx for the prompt replies everyone.
Frank