key fob

I just took delivery of a certified 2007 Camry SE. It came with one key fob for door locks, trunk and alarm and one valet key. I didn't know this until all the papers were signed and was given all the keys. The dealer doesn't want to give me another fob. Should I push him real hard to get the other fob? This dealer is pretty proud of his reputation. Acton Toyota, Acton Mass. Ron

Reply to
ronbon

I would call the sales manager or the dealer principal and politely ask for another fob, saying that you assumed that you would receive 2 fobs. I called on them when they opened for business, and IIRC, they really do try to satisfy their customers.

Reply to
Ray O

I assumed two fobs were a given. I purchased a 2007 Corolla CE last September, and got two fobs, and a valet key.

Reply to
homepc

I bought one at Norm Wagner in Lancaster (Actually, a Scion tC). They gave me one key. I asked them for another and they said I could have one for (I can't really recall...) $65? $85? It was less than the usual $125 key fee.

Six weeks later, I get a package in the mail...the other two keys, one with the fob, and the valet key. Have them look around! They weren't going to budge on the fee, either!

Reply to
Hachiroku

But you bought yours new... (I guess. Either that or they had all the keys with the car...)

Reply to
Hachiroku