Subject Author Posted Replies

stumped by source of "fish oil" smell in 97 Ranger 5-speed
Maybe someone has already experienced this one. I have a 97 Ranger 5-speed with approx. 90k miles. Since I bought the truck, it has consistently, but intermittently, had an odor in the cab of the...
4
4

torque converter-67 Mustang C6
I just finished installing a C6 tranny in my 67 390 Mustang. When I start it up I'm getting a loud noise from the torque converter. I did put a quart of transmission fluid in it when I installed it on...
12
12

FS 87 f-150 custom
1987 F-150 Ford Custom 4x4. Running but will sells for parts. 351, auto 2 sets of tires 444amp. BC Registration. 403-609-9587 Canmore AB $1000

Re: 1929 A custom coupé
paste as one line
2
2

1999 taurus heater blower
my heater blower worked intermittently for about 2 weeks and now died. What are some common causes, I friend told me to try the resistor block and fusible links. I found the resistor block, but no...
3
3

Heat Gauge all over the place
It just recently warmed up outside. I have a 1990 Ford Tempo 4 door. My heat gauge has been fluctuating all over the place and the heat from my car has been Hot warm mild and back and forth. It will...
5
5

Wanted some advise on remote start install
Hey people, just wanted some ideas about installing remote start on my 2000 focus, what remote starter kit to buy, and if its a big deal to install it myself. Whats involved or if I should just get a...
2
2

Shifter lockout on 2004 Escort inop
Going to be looking at my sisters car later today. She says that with the vehicle started and brake depressed all the way the shifter will not come out of park. I also listened (via phone) and never...
7
7

Ford slipped to 4th place in sales last month
Last month, DiamlerChrysler and Toyota had more auto sales in the US last month. And its truck sales were down, too. Ford is also dropping production, to help clear inventories.
67
67

Thinking of strolling down to Hertz and renting a GT-H?
Check it out @ Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 @ Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.
1
1

Stump Steve
Just try and stump Steve with a car question 7:30 AM today on 404-943-1620 or 866-356-0789

SPAM Re: Tips To Get Better Mileage/ Performance!
Putting a MAF Anti-Spam ID in your post doesn't make it not SPAM.
2
2

OBD2 code 0161 explanation
Pulled code 0161 from my reader. "downstream heated O2 sensor heater circuit fault". My question is: does this mean that the O2 sensor has failed or the circuit powering it has failed. The code is...
1
1

Tom:
I know you must know a heck of a lot more about this than I do but as far as this tranny getting damaged quickly,this car has been driven this way for two years.talked to the dealer here and he says...

TV Valve on Lincoln Mark 7
What sounds better: a $4 expense that is easy to fix or a very painful $1500 expense? If you ignore a dry rotted or missing throttle valve (TV) bushing you are almost guaranteed to have the $1500...
1
1