2k Explorer Trailer Light Wiring

I have a 2000 explorer XLT and it had a 4 pole trailer light plug on it when I bought it and it just isn't right. I was wondering if there is a kit that just
plugs in or if it has to wired in to each individual light or if maybe there is just something wrong with my electrics( everything else works perfectly tho). Can anyone help with a wiring diagram or such?
--
BigIrv1