69 Cougar Break question

I'm not getting fluid to the rear brakes. Does anyone know where the proportioning valve and the metering valves are located? Which one controls
the distribution of fluid between the front and rear? I took the line loose from the master cylinder and I have flow coming out there. I have power brakes with disc brakes in the front and drums in the rear. Thanks in advance for any input.
Are these original brakes or aftermarket brakes?
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:03:00 GMT, "Mark Savoy"

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:03:00 GMT, "Mark Savoy"

You should have a combination valve located on the frame below the master cylinder. It controls proportioning, failure warning and distribution. They were bad about freezing if the fluid was not periodically flushed. Another problem is the valve needs to be centered after the brakes are flushed or bleed. Do you have a light on the dash illuminated? If so your job to center the valve and retrun flow is simple. You need to have someone gently apply the brakes while you have a bleeder valve open until the light goes out. Immediately stop applying the brake and close the valve. If you cann put the light out by doing this on one end of the car, go to the other end and try it. Usually, the las bleeder you opened will cause the valve to close off that system as it should. The idea is to go bach to the other end of the car and open a bleeder whil cracking the bleeder to center it again. That will restore fluid pressure to all wheels in most cases.
Good luck Lugnut