87 T-Bird noise

Hi guys,
If a car has a bad ball joint, will you be able to 'feel it' through the steering wheel?
Thanks in advance for your answers!
Gerri

Not only ball joints, but anything loose in the front end can cause the steering wheel to shake side to side.

Hi Ted, Thanks for replying.
That's what thought. I guess the noise I'm hearing may be a broken motor mount then. My old mechanic told me quite some time ago one was broken, but it would be all right to drive it as long as I didn't punch the gas too hard. Now I guess the other one is broke.
Gerri