89 Mustang won't start

Just got an 89 Mustang with the 2.3 engine. At first there was no spark. Replaced the ignition module now there is a spark. Cranks fine but still won't start. It appears to be getting fuel since the plugs were wet when I
tried it yesterday. Any ideas what I should check or can do next?
Also, is there a simple way to check engine codes on this?
Thanks Mike

If you have fuel and spark at the plugs, your timing is off. First be sure the plug wires are arranged correctly, then check the initial timing. If everything checks out, pull the front cover and check the timing belt to see that the crank and camshaft are timed correctly. one more possibility- if the ignition is the same as earlier models, there are two wires feeding the module, one for start and one for run. If it cranks and fires but won't keep running, check the 'run' wiring. I can't say for sure on yours, but on older models the wires were red and white.
--
Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.

Thanks. It ended up being the wire improperly placed on the distributor.
Mike

see
say