89 mustang fuel pump

First off, I want to thank everyone who helped me diagnose the problem I was having with my 89 Mustang "Stalling when warm". Now here's another question. My mustang is 100% stock right now, only bought it a few months back from a friend of mine and except for the fuel pump, it looks and runs great. Its and 1989 LX 5.0; what I'd like to know is what Brand & flow (LPH) should I put in. I don't even know what the stock one is, I think its around 90 LPH. I do plan on tweaking & customizing the car slowly, and I don't want to put in a stock pump and have to put in a high flow pump in a year or so. So, what do you think is my best option?

-Jack

Reply to
Doug Neidermeyer

Walbro 255lph. Put it in and forget about it. Unless you go crazy with the modifications, it'll be enough.

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Yup.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

The Walbro 255lph pump won't be too much for my stock system now, will it? Also would i need to get a regulator for the 255 lph pump?

Jack

Reply to
Doug Neidermeyer

You can never have too much because its only going to pump in there what it uses. The 255 will only pump as much as the 90 did because thats all you need. It just has the capability to pump more. If you order the pump it should come with everything for installation. Good luck. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Your fuel system will only use as much as your regulator allows, any extra is just sent back to the tank.

And yes, I would get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Relatively cheap and usually comes in handy.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang