89 mustang headers?

Hi I would like to know if an 89 mustang gt cobra 5.0 came with headers or cast iron manifolds? I would also like to know if all 5.0 gt mustang are cobras? Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Brattley Frontier

Yes, they all came with headers... they aren't pretty, but they're shorty headers.

No, all 5.0 GT Mustangs aren't Cobras - unless you're in Canada. Then they all are. Of course any that came up from the US would not be Cobras, because the first official "Cobra" in the US was in 1993.

Clear as mud?

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Around 8/10/2003 6:45 PM, Brattley Frontier spake thusly:

Only in Canada... :)

In the US, it is either a GT or a Cobra, but not both. The Canadian GT Cobra is the same as the US GT.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Ford actually callls them tubular manifolds. They're made out of cast iron and have lots of restrictive kinks in them. Agood set of ceramic coated shorties is a good replacement option.

Reply to
89 5.0

Ford actually callls them tubular manifolds. They're made out of cast iron and have lots of restrictive kinks in them. Agood set of ceramic coated shorties is a good replacement option.

They are tubular steel, not cast.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]