90 Lincoln Suspension Problems

I recently purchased a '90 Continental in great shape. Problem is, there is a leak in the air suspension system. I've heard horror stories about these
systems. Rather than try and replace the leaking strut or struts, I've decided to replace them with the Monroe replacement shocks and springs. Has anyone done this? Is it very difficult? I am just a weekend mechanic. Is the ride better, worse, or the same? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mario
chooch wrote:

Check these links out:
http://www.monroe.com/products/mp_detail.asp?cat cessories&detail=Conversion%20Kits
http://www.techman.strutmasters.com / http://www.federal-mogul.com/cda/channel/index/0,2186,2442_13777,00.html
BOB
I replaced my front air bags with ones from a Sable, not too hard to do. Still have the air bags in the rear. I was told that you need to do some drilling to to change out the rears.
Brian

is
these
Has