`93 4D Explorer XLT 4WD going bad.

I have a `93 Explorer XLT of which the 4WD is no longer working. Initally last spring I noticed issues with the 4WD button on the dash panel that I had to press numerous times for the 4WD to engage. About mid summer things got worse to where I had to smack the top of the dash while pressing the button to get the 4WD to engage. Now it doesn't work at all. I'm assuming this is purely electronic in nature such as a switch/switch box not working in the dash?

If this is the case, how do I go about opening the dash and checking/removing/replacing with a new switch?

Bradley

Reply to
Bradley Walker