94 Crown Vic wont idle

My 94 Crown Vic starts, idles and runs fine when it is cold. If I restart the car after it has warmed-up, it will not idle. After it warms-up, it will still start and run fine, just not idle.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Mike

Reply to
way2real

Sharon K.Cooke

Check the pcv rubber hose that goes into the back of the engine. Mine had a worn out from rubbing against the top of the mainfold. Check the line....

Jake

94 Crown Vic.

PS I got mine from the auction, the people traded in the poor car with only 70k on the ticker because the idiot dealer told them they needed $1500.00 worth of work to it to fix the idle problem. It cost me $3.00 to change the hose, pcv valve and the gromut.

Reply to
M Hayes529

Thank you Sharon and Jake.

Reply to
way2real

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (M Hayes529) You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

my '93 Grand Marquis had a similar problem there too... except I was mean to it and broke a Tee while taking the line out and it cost me 10 bucks to fix.... you are refering to the line that comes off the PCV and connects to the other manifold?

---- "I'd rather take a hit in the mouth than throw a pick," Kyle Orton "education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant "people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld "If we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" -- Me To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...

Reply to
Dennis

YUP. Easy fix, you have to get back there when the engine is cold. You would think that ford would have made that line a little less apt to get beat up back there. But hey the car is 10 years old. I still can't belive that a dealer could be so bad to rip off those people that way. When I bought the car at the auction it was so cheap because they thought it had a major engine problem, I had started it before the auction and found the problem, I got her for next to nothing with only 70k on the odo. I found out the owners name from the title and got called them, turns out the car had a remote control starter on it and the former owners sent me to fobs. I felt so bad for them I offered them a free ride into Boston for a night out on the house. They wanted to pay me for the services I told them to enjoy the nite out. From that free gift I have gotten 7 reservations from their freinds. The car is going to be painted black and white and used as my advertising car.

BDR AIRPORT SERVICES Nashua NH Mark.

Reply to
M Hayes529