94 Taraus

My son has a 94 Taraus and when the shifting lever is in Park the car is actually in reverse. Is this something that can be repaired and if so how would one go about it. The car runs fine except for that.

Reply to
BSackett

Look on the lower steering column where the shift cable sheath attaches to it's mounting bracket. I'll bet the problem is there. The cable takes a couple of tight bends out of the firewall and pulls out of the bracket.

Reply to
Tom Adkins