96 escort.... oil drain plug size??

Went to change the oil and the plug is stripped big time... so I need to get a new one.
What is the thread size for the 1.9L engine??

Steven wrote:

go to eigher auto zone web site, www.autozone.com and look for the part there... dont say the size, but they have replacements that fit... same with www.advanceautopart.com if youi are lucky its just the threads on the plug and not the hole that the plug goes into.. i have one get stripped years ago.. went to parts place.. the guy told me the metal on the plug is softer than the hole and is made this way so the plug threads will go bad first so you just replace the plug...
Your local Ford dealer shoud have these plugs in stock. On an item this small, they can't screw you too badly on the price.

Just an FYI.... ended up being 14mm .. $2 at discount auto parts...

That tells us what size wrench to use, but what was the thread and pitch of the bolt? <G>
Bill

seeing as all 14mm oil drain bolts are the same thread size, I don't think it would matter much.

The parts fiche shows 1.25, 1.4, 1.5 thread pitches all 14mm heads.
Bill