99 crown vic wiper questions.

wipers have been erratic in operation the past 4 days. sometimes they will not come on. but if you push the washer button, then they work fine. today
they will not park.
these are symptoms of a bad multi function switch, correct??
Tom wrote:

Probably, mine were doing the same thing. I grabbed a switch from the scrap yard and solved the problem.
Not to cloud the issue too much, but on my Ranger the switch wasn't the problem. Mine was the wiper motor itself. There's a doohicky (for lack of a better technical term) inside the motor casing on my truck that controls parking and delay. If you rap on mine with a hammer while running the wipers it will work.
Thought I'd toss this out there since it was another Fomoco.

Sounds like the MFW is a good bet.Not necessarily a sure thing.
I'd dissemble (you gotta pull the ignition lockset), clean and inspect all MFW elec. connections, re-assemble and test.
Puddin'
Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the pot Nine days old.