Alignment Question

Hi, i've had some unfortunate luck, as some b!st$rd slashed all four of my tyres, so i had to get them all replaced.

Since this happened on Monday, i have found my Ford Ka drift to the right hand side when the steering wheel is dead centre.

I've had the wheels checked for tracking, and i've made sure the tyre pressures are correct, but it still veers slightly right whilst i'm driving and the wheel is dead centre.

Is there any other things i can check, other than kill the lousy t*!t who did this????

Many thanks

PC

Reply to
Paul Cotgrave

Paul Cotgrave opined in news:c6okhc$8gu$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

Possible bad tire, take it back to the shop. Swap wheels side-side to see if veer follows

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Very often, is not the alignment that causes a pull, but a bad tire. Your bad tire will most likely be on the front. Any good tire shop should do a warranty replacement, especially if they also aligned the car or you can produce recent alignment specs.

Reply to
IUnknown

Reply to
JOHN CARR

Cheers, i was thinking about doing that. I've had the tracking done, and this was slightly out, i also checked the air pressure, another cause for the pulling i thought. Its not as bad now, but it still pulls, the steering wheel has to be turned slightly to the left of centre to keep it straight, so i was thinking about pulling them off, and swapping them..other than that i'd just wait for my service, afterall it i've only got another 7-8000 miles or to wait till october =D

I only wish i could find the person whose done this, then i'd take the cost of replacing the tires and all the incovenience and actually tie him to the back of my car and drag him...

Violent yes; but i think some will agree that having your property damaged by a 'arse' (using this term lightly) this is the only form of revenge i can think of!

Cheers to all who replied!!

Reply to
Paul Cotgrave