Are the tires still good to use?

Hey
I used to own an '82 camaro (when I was young and stupid, now I have a Windstar and Focus in which I got rid of a '99 convertible Mustang for. Have family now) that I took it entirely apart 13 years ago or so and, go
figure, never put it back together again. I still have the tires for it. I bought them in '89 and kept them, thinking I would use them again. Well, I didn't.
They are BF Goodrich TA's and I only used them in the summer and maybe put 12000 miles on them if I remember correctly. Just a guess. Anyway, they have been in my basement all this time and look to be in great shape.
Can they be used now and will they be safe?
Thanks in advance Jeff
they are very old, I wouldnt trust them.

Yeah. Get a rope, put it through the tires and hang them from four trees in your backyard. Your kids will love to swing from them.
Actually, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be usable. Do you change tires every 5 years on a car because they are old? People have had tires on cars for like 40 years or more.
Of course, there is one more question: On what do you plan on using them? You don't have the Camaro (ok, maybe you kept a steering wheel).
Jeff

go
it.
Well,
put
they
in
change
on
BTW, before using them (either for a swing or on a car) you should make sure they are carefully inspected.
Jeff

ya I'm no expert but I dont see why they wouldnt be fine, I'm assuming you pile other stuff in the garage on top of them, the only question is wether the rubber held up and seing how if you bury one it will be there for your great grand kids to find I'm imagine the rubber holds up pretty well in a basement.