1. Ensure the vehicle is
2. Put the key in the ignition.
3. Turn the key from the LOCK
position to OFF.
4. Cycle, eight times, rapidly (within
10 seconds) between the OFF position and ON. Note: The eighth turn
must end in the ON position.
5. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming
mode has been activated.
6. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter.
Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the
procedure over again.
7. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry
transmitter has been programmed.
8. Repeat Step 6 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.
9. Turn the ignition to the OFF position after you have finished
programming all of the remote entry transmitters.
10. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming
mode has been exited.
Does step 5 happen? If not, try starting over, making sure the key is not in
the ignition when unlocking the 'star.
Thanks for the suggestions but we're still not getting into programming mode.
The original remote looks like a factory Ford item but how could I verify it
is? Where would the module be located if it is? Is it possible it is a Ford
item but not factory installed?
SC Tom wrote:
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.