Clanking coming from newly installed transfer case during take off.

I had a used transfer case installed on my AWD 93 Aerostar 4.0 minivan and noticed that I am getting a loud clanking/clunking sound as soon as I drive off from a stop.
I spoke with the mechanic and of course he tells me he didnít hear or feel anything but to bring it back if it gets worse. Problem is I have absolutely no trust in this guy after he tried to screw me on a wheel bearing replacement for $850. I have talked to others about the clanking noise and most people say if the van still drives donít sweat wait till it breaks to fix it.
Well I depend on my van for working out off (I am an electrician) as Iím sure many others do and I just canít afford to have a break down and have to leave my van with thousands of dollars of tools on a freeway in Detroit somewhere.
I am 100% positive that the clanking/clunking sound was not present until after I had the transfer case installed. Should I be overly worried about the noises? Should I get the van into service as soon as possible? If I continue to drive the van in this condition will I be harming any other costly components on the drive train?
Thanks for any help.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Yes it's bad, and yes you should deal it with it now. Your friends who say wait until something breaks are the ones keeping your mechanic in business. Find an honest mechanic, and have him pull the T-case and check it out. They're really not that difficult to inspect or repair, if you do it in time.
Sean
Add pictures here
‚úĖ