Color Code for Ignition Switch

I am looking for the color code for a 1979 chev. Impala 305cu.
The switch has never worked correctly. You can use any key to start it and just for the hell of it I am going to put in a floor switch like the
old jeep I use to use, but would like the color code just to make it easier to do.
Thanks ChrisW
Sorry for posting in wrong group. It's been a long day
ChrisW wrote:

"ChrisW" wrote

Don't have an Impala manual. How about a Monte, Camaro, and Buick of the same years?
(All the reds are common) Off = all connections open Accessory = red + brown connected Run = pink + red + brown + orange connected Start = dark green and tan/white grounded (brake & temp dash lights) pink + red + purple(auto) or yellow(manual) connected
Now, go away. This is FORD group, gosh darnit! Don't make me come over there and smack you! :)
Thank you. They should be about the same.
ChrisW