Coolant Flushing - Ford Dealer Service

I was taking our 2000 Tuarus into the Ford dealer for service this weekend and was going to get the engine coolant flushed and replaced.
I only have 46,000 miles on this car and I don't want it getting
screwed up on service and/or treatments I don't need.
They have special treatments for coolant flushing that they advertise in the service area, but I've heard they are just a waste.
As far as I am concerned on a car without any cooling problems they should just flush the motor with distilled water, fill it back up with 60/40 and be done with it. Opinions?
Thanks, Matt
On 16 Feb 2005 07:06:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Take a garden hose and rag to the upper hose and and flush it yourself. Watch the "purists" here cringe over that one....
I've never had a problem doing this. Flush it ever couple of years and you won't have a corrosion problem ever.
Mark opined in wrote:

What upper hose?
The radiator hose? What good would that do unless you took out the Thermostat first?
IMO, just drain all you can... fill with water, (distilled would be best)
Run warm for 20 or so minutes... drain again. Fill with 60/40 premix (again buy concentrate and use distilled) which would come out to about 50/50 with water remaining in.
If you have that "yellow" stuff in there... get it all out you can and use the green stuff.
Take off both heater hoses and backflush heater, before the final refill.

Yes, DIY was my first option, I have two gals of Ford Premium, but wow I have a dealer coupon (and time is short).
So if I HAVE to take it to the dealer... any opinions on their service offerings?
I've heard the stuff they use can actually CAUSE corrosion.
Thanks, Matt