Dipstick Tube Broke off

I have a 1988 Ford Festiva L. It has a metal dipstick tube and metal dipstick to check the oil. When I went to check the oil last night, the dipstick and tube came right up. The tube part broke right where it enters
the engine. The dipstick is keeping the tube in right now and I have garbage ties holding it up. So far so good. I am worried about contamination.
It's not blowing out oil, but I am worried about the small space where is sits loose. Would putting a cork into the hole and taking the dipstick/tube out until I can get a replacement work? I know basic engine repair, would this be a repair I could do? How much would it cost?

If it broke below the little 'bulge'..you can use something the same size or slightly smaller to drive the broke-off part into the crankcase and put in a new tube.
you pay..DEAL with it!