Dumass car makers!!

Page 2 of 3

one
purchasing.
out
will not

So.... gun safety switches should be done away with as well?
It's not a matter of needing "big brother" to keep us safe. It's a matter of introducing a new design that is not likely to be accidentally pressed so that it raises the window. So what you're saying is "screw all who might potentially be saved by this... I like my rocker switches!"

some
process
of
It's his car, so if he wants rocker switches he should be able to have them. If you don't like the FoMoCo products with rocker switches then don't buy them, go buy some vehicle which you like. It's not a matter of him feeling "screw all who might

of him having a personal preference. I prefer the rocker switches as well, they take up less space and I feel give the car a cleaner, crisper look. I also find them more pleasant to use.
The bottom line is it comes down to common sense. Common sense on the kids part not to be hanging out the window with his knees up on the armrest. Common sense on the parents part not to leave the kid unsupervised in the car with the keys. Stop being brainwashed by the liberals, attack the problem at the root.
Cory

<snip>
Gun safeties are there for a far better reason than redesigning a window switch. Think about it, if you can.
"Thomas Moats" wrote

Why the pointless insult?
It's not pointless, it is designed to make you think.

Bad example and written incorrectly at that. (electronic ignition replaced points, should be electric start) The same usage ease that you cite for electric starter motors could be applied to push button power window switches. Some people find the push button type easier to use. (like me)

No, the example was fine. He said: "Why should a manufacturer need to change something that isn't defective." I gave an example something that wasn't defective, but was a good candidate for re-design.

Yes, a slip on my part.

Sure. So recess them.

Because electric start is much easier to use than hand cranking. The same damn reason electric windows replaced hand cranked ones.

than
While this is true of many cars, some cars they simply will not put manual windows in anymore because it isn't an option and it would require a ton of re-tooling costs. I'm not sure you can get crank windows on a Mustang anymore. I thought that I heard the 2000 Cobra R even had power windows because it just wasn't an option to not have them. You'd think on a factory built race car, they'd find a way, but nope. I'd also like to think they'd do it to trim some of the weight out of the rather portly machine, all things considered.

car
wagons
I've seen plenty myself and everyone claims they are quite reliable. We bought a canoe off of a guy once that was claiming his Volvo wagon had 240,000 on it and still ran like a top. Wasn't the most recent (or first) million mile car a Volvo of some sort?
JS

hrm... manual windows were still around when I bought my '97 as I remember. I ended up with power windows because I had to get that package to get the 17 inch wheels....

my
roll
Granted
A shunt in series with the window drive motor. The voltage across the shunt is directly proportional to motor current which is directly proportional to motor effort. This voltage could be used to stop or reverse the motor at a predetermined point. Of course, this doesn't address the parental issue. And, this issue differs substantially from your garage door example: there's no key or operator license required to operate a garage door.
wrote

Faulty engineering? Is it faulty engineering when some one becomes electrocuted because they were using hair dryer in the shower? It happens, why do you think there is a warning placard on the electric cord advising you not to do so? There is nothing faulty in the design of the switches. The only thing faulty I see is your reasoning.

electrocuted
think
There
see is

Faulty engineering of the safety of the entire car. Not necessarily faulty engineering of the specific switch.
What do you mean by that?

<snip>
Greg B. opined in

Do a search on this group and note all the complaints about slow and sluggish windows.
This would be directly reflected in the current draw and a constant source of complaint... it wont work, except when the cars are new.
Besides THEN you'd have to have a limit switch on up and down positions..
Thats why I dont understand why they dont use the lift-switch.
What if for one reason or another you _want_ or _need_ you window to go up regardless of an object in it's path, or even _because_ of an object in it's path? Some tree-hugger would sue over that one too.

am
I'm sure that's come up. "Oh... he must've hit the switch by himself. That's it."
JS

out,

it's
Bullet proof glass would be a nice option, maybe we should force that also.
Happy modeming, Bill
I don't like gizmos like that anyway, but I think those dumbass tree-huggers need a good shooting in the face.

WITHOUT
BIG
Re: Dumass car makers!! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Aug 20, 2003, 1:50pm (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (CoryDunkle)
I don't like gizmos like that anyway, but I think those dumbass tree-huggers need a good shooting in the face.<<<<<<<<
What kind of idiotic response is that? What are you, a moron?
Eric