engine

Is the 4.6 romeo in a 98 f150 4x4 the same as a 4.6 romeo in a 98 grand marquis. I know there will be some diffrences like intake, oil pan, manifolds and sensors but what about the block and heads
Thanks
Brad wrote:

Hollander says the block & heads are the same.
If you want to do some in-depth research to confirm this, play around at www.car-part.com using different part requests (head, block, I & E manifolds, oil pan, etc.) to see what cross-references for your need.
Rob
thanks this is good news. Just not looking forward to the swap. Has anyone changed a 4.6 98 f150 4x4. I heard i have to lift the cab. anyway around it?

Drop the frame instead
Brad wrote:

Engine R&R "can" be done without lifting the cab, BUT, you will make up new 4 letter words doing it that way. If you have access to a lift, do your self a favor and raise the cab. Another concern is lifting the motor high enough to get it out of the engine bay on a 4x4. A cherry picker won't do it. I did a number if engines on F-series and Expeditions, the first one without lifting the cab. I'll NEVER do it that way again, everything was a struggle. You can have the cab off in about 1.5 hrs, it's not hard at all. If you don't have access to a lift, you should seriously consider having someone else do the job. Good luck.             Tom
Take off the grill and related parts and hood. Take it out the front like it is a van.

Thanks I was thinking of doing that I havn't looked to see if the rad support comes apart I take a real close look tomorrow to see what my options are like. My biggest worry are getting at the belhousing bolts without lifting the cab.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:22:25 -0500, trainfan1

same be sure to unhook timing chain
lmfao hurc ast
Im not that stupid 4th year apprentice without a hoist or access to hollander to work with i have changed many engines just never in a 97-99 f150