97 F150 4.6 won't idle when cold

I have a 97 F150 4.6 it will start right up but will die until I get it warmed up enough to idle. Any suggestions?

Reply to
rtbktr

I have had the same problem with the Last few Fords I have owned. Starting with the 4.2, 4.6, and now the 6.8 in my newest truck. but it for me it also as to be wet damp out. on here I was told to check the IAC (Idle Air control) but I have not had any problems since I had ask about it a while back. So I guess just talking about it seems to have fixed it.

These folks are great

Reply to
IceMan

change your idle air controler.and the cold idle problem will go away

Reply to
Falcoon