F150 1999 Battery Light on

Hi all: driving around when i noticed the battery light on. thats the red symbol on dash that looks like a battery. Alternator voltage guage seemed fine. Finally today (3 days after light on) truck would not start. jumped it and it started fine. drove 5 miles and died on road. jumped again and drove home but would not start. installed new battery and light still on but starts and runs fine for now. sure it will run down battery soon. any thoughts on alternator replacement or direction should go? Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed

lmfao hey foctard replace the alt

lmfao ford pos

hurricane ast

Reply to
snmmach

Your alternator has failed. Most likely, you wasted your money on a new battery. The battery will not cause this light to come on. It is activated by low alternator output. That said, get a good quality rebuilt or a new one. I had an Autozone alternator on my F150 that I got from them where it failed at 2:00am in a gotta go situation. After replacing it several times, I got one from NAPA - no more problems. Now that you have a new battery anyway, your new alternator that you are now going to get should have a good life.

Good luck Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

depends on type of battery failure tard

hurc ast

Reply to
snmmach

hurc ast, Since he appears to have driven it for 3 days after the light came on, you would think the battery started out in pretty damn good condition.

Regards Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

prolly not dont take much to keep a car goiing and alt may have spiked it and it is now a very deep cycle

ouch

hurc ast

Reply to
promot