F150 1999 Battery Light on

Hi all: driving around when i noticed the battery light on. thats the red symbol on dash that looks like a battery. Alternator voltage guage seemed
fine. Finally today (3 days after light on) truck would not start. jumped it and it started fine. drove 5 miles and died on road. jumped again and drove home but would not start. installed new battery and light still on but starts and runs fine for now. sure it will run down battery soon. any thoughts on alternator replacement or direction should go? Thanks, Ed

hey foctard replace the alt
lmfao ford pos
hurricane ast
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:10:11 -0400, "Ed"

Your alternator has failed. Most likely, you wasted your money on a new battery. The battery will not cause this light to come on. It is activated by low alternator output. That said, get a good quality rebuilt or a new one. I had an Autozone alternator on my F150 that I got from them where it failed at 2:00am in a gotta go situation. After replacing it several times, I got one from NAPA - no more problems. Now that you have a new battery anyway, your new alternator that you are now going to get should have a good life.
Good luck Lugnut

depends on type of battery failure tard
hurc ast
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:44:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mojo.com wrote:

hurc ast, Since he appears to have driven it for 3 days after the light came on, you would think the battery started out in pretty damn good condition.
Regards Lugnut

prolly not dont take much to keep a car goiing and alt may have spiked it and it is now a very deep cycle
ouch
hurc ast
Thanks, Battery was original equip with 6 5 years on it and not the worst money spent. Will look into my alternator replacement. seen reg and 130 amp. will most likely get stronger rebuilt unit. Thanks again.