F150 tranny problem

My 87 F150, 351, auto tranny made a bang and slipped out of reverse the day before yesterday, then yesterday it seemed like it was slipping while drive in drive, then when I parked and came out and put it in reverse it
wouldn't go, seamed like park, reverse, and neutral all acted like park, but 1 through Drive worked, so had to get the guy in front of me to move so I could go in drive, then today I was turning around, didn't quite make the turn, so tried reverse, it went in and stayed there, now I seam to have reverse and 5 parks. This truck is on it's way out anyway, box rusted through, almost 400,000 Km on it, or 250,000 miles, so I will probably just part out the good parts, but thought I would ask here first what everyone thinks of the tranny, is it dead, worth fixing or what?
gee i hope i get that lucky with my 87 f-150 ,302
My 87 F150, 351, auto tranny made a bang and slipped out of reverse the day before yesterday, then yesterday it seemed like it was slipping while drive in drive, then when I parked and came out and put it in reverse it wouldn't go, seamed like park, reverse, and neutral all acted like park, but 1 through Drive worked, so had to get the guy in front of me to move so I could go in drive, then today I was turning around, didn't quite make the turn, so tried reverse, it went in and stayed there, now I seam to have reverse and 5 parks. This truck is on it's way out anyway, box rusted through, almost 400,000 Km on it, or 250,000 miles, so I will probably just part out the good parts, but thought I would ask here first what everyone thinks of the tranny, is it dead, worth fixing or what?
Funny I just looked at an 87 F150 302 today.

how much did they want for it??
$ 3200.00 Canadian, about $ 2500.00 US

that not bad is it in good shape...?
$ 3200.00 Canadian, about $ 2500.00 US

Interior like new, ext. just painted

oh you should bye that sounds good. how did it run??
Interior like new, ext. just painted

Well I took it for a drive today, not that great, it sounded just like a deisel, and something thumping so hard under my left foot I thought it was going to come through the floor, if the trucks still there on Monday I will take it into shop and see what's what.

so did you bye or you just thinking about it?? i have a 92 grand am GT for sale it need frez plugs put in and rear window that leak alittle.other then that it only has 84000 miles on ......